Waxing is an excellent way to remove the unwanted hair from different parts of your body and have silky and smooth skin. Earlier, it was only women who went for waxing. But nowadays even men are going for waxing. Men with too much of hair on their chest or any other parts of their body can use wax and remove hair which makes them look neat and good. Any part of the body can be waxed, like the legs, arms, face, pubic area, back, abdomen, eyebrows and so on.
The waxing of pubic area is called bikini wax. It can be regular bikini wax, Brazilian bikini wax or Hollywood wax. Many of you may not know the difference between a Brazilian wax and Hollywood wax. These styles are often used interchangeably, but there are differences between the two. Brazilian wax often leaves a small strip in front, which may be triangle, square, oval or rectangle shaped. All other hairs are removed. Hollywood wax, on the other hand, is characterized by the removal of entire hair from the middle, front and all the way to backside.
So you can say that the only difference between the two types of waxes is the shape that is left in front of the Brazilian. So, if no shape of hair is left, then Brazilian becomes Hollywood. Because of this reason, many salons call Hollywood wax by the name full Brazilian. This is why there can be some confusion on why the two styles are often referred to as the same bikini wax.
What is Brazilian wax?
A Brazilian wax is a waxing technique in which all hair is removed from the labia, perineum and anus. A landing strip is often left on the top of your pubic bone. Usually this is just a strip of hair. But some customers prefer a triangle. The landing strip is often measured according to the finger widths. The waxer in the salon will always ask you how wide you would like it before she starts removing hair from around it.
What is a Hollywood wax?
In Hollywood wax, all pubic hair is removed from the whole intimate area, which includes labia, anus, perineum as well as from the mons pubis. When put in another way, it is a waxing technique in which absolutely all hair is removed from the top, underneath and around the back. This leaves you 100% bare, without any hair on these areas.
Brazilian and Hollywood wax for Males:
The treatments mentioned above describe the female Brazilian and Hollywood wax. Male versions of these waxes are also the same. This means that in male Brazilian wax, all the hair is removed from the undercarriage and between the buttock cheeks, with a landing strip left in the front, whereas in male Hollywood wax all hair is removed.
About Different Bikini Wax Styles:
When the salon or spa create their menu, you may see these different bikini waxing styles names listed for a couple of reasons.
- First of all, they want to know how much money you are going to pay when you check out from the salon.
- Simply cleaning up a little bit of hair outside the underwear takes more time and product than removing more hair or even all of the genital hair. So, the price they charge vary based on these facts.
- They also want to schedule your service correctly and block out the correct amount of time for your service. A Hollywood bikini wax takes more time than just waxing the bikini line. Instead of explaining to the waxer exactly where you want the hair removed and where it is to be left when you take the appointment, it becomes easier to simply request a certain style. This is also less embarrassing.
- The salon will want to put you with the right person for the job, so that you get the best treatment and leave the salon satisfied. Remember that all the techs are not willing to do all types of bikini waxes. Sometimes there may be a couple of techs who would do Brazilian wax or speciality waxes while others would not do it. There are also some professionals who are willing to do all types of waxing on women, but not on men. It can be frustrating for you and the tech, if they are not willing or not properly trained to do a speciality wax after you take the appointment.
- While there are a lot of names or styles for bikini wax, most people like these based on how much hair they want to be left and removed. You need not get locked into any one kind or style of wax. You can go with your personal preferences and wax accordingly. One thing to remember is that the price goes up when more hair is removed, or when more time is required, like getting a perfect and even shape with Brazilian wax.
Hollywood Vs Brazilian wax: Which one to try first?
It is better to try regular bikini wax first and then move to Hollywood or Brazilian wax. This is because removing hair from the roots gets easier over time.
Before you wax, remember to have a talk with your technician. Tell her all your preference like what hair you want to get removed and what hair you want to leave behind. If you have decided to get something like Brazilian wax or Hollywood wax, be sure that you take special care before and after the wax.
Waxing for guys:
Women are not the only ones who want to stay hairless. Men are also experimenting with different bikini waxes, which range from clean up to removing all hair.