You can remove your hair from your body at home instead of going to the salon or parlour and wasting a big sum of money. When you use cold wax you will be able to remove hair from its rots. It is a better option compared to snipping off of hair using razor or depilatory. As result the new hair grows slower and your skin will remain smoother than before. With continued waxing the hair that grows becomes softer and thinner, and even easier to remove.
How to Make Cold Wax:
Things you need:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 5 cups of water
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- saucepan with lid
- 1 tablespoon of glycerine
- ¼ cup of mustard oil or olive oil
- Cotton or muslin cloth, cut into ¼ inch stripes
- To make cold wax, you have to first make heavy sugar syrup. You can make it by pouring 2 cups of sugar into 2 cups of water into a saucepan. Heat it on the stove and cook the mixture on a low heat till it is transparent and boil it for 1 minute.
- Now remove the saucepan from the flame and leave it aside to get cooled.
- Next you have to squeeze lemon and add ¼ cup of lemon juice into the saucepan. Stir it well.
- Take ¼ cup of olive oil and add it to into the saucepan. Stir well. You may also use mustard oil, but this oil may not be there in all grocery stores.
- Next you have to add ½ a cup of water and stir well.
- Heat the mixture on a stove over medium heat for about 45 minutes. when the mixture becomes brown in colour, you can remove it from the stove.
- After removing form the stove, add 1 tablespoon of glycerine to it and let the mixture cool by putting it in the fridge. Remember to keep a lid over the pan. This will prevent the ingredients from drying out.
How to Use Cold Wax:
- Once the wax is ready, dip a spatula into the chilled wax and take a half-dollar sized amount of wax with it.
- Now spread the wax in a strip on the body part you wish to wax using the spatula. As you spread the wax, make sure that you spread it in the direction of hair growth, from the follicle to the tip.
- After applying the wax, cover the wax with a strip of muslin and pres it slightly with your fingers. This is to make sure that the wax sticks to the fabric. Remember not to press it hard. Just three or four soft gentle strokes are enough to make the fabric stick to the wax.
- Now what you have to do is to lift up a corner of the muslin cloth at the end furthest from you. Pull it up and away from your skin. Do it in one smooth motion, this helps in removing he wax you have applied.
- You can repeat the step from 1 to 4 for all areas of your body that you wish to wax.
Cold Wax Recipe:
Sugar and honey wax:
Things you need:
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- One saucepan
- Take a saucepan and mix sugar and honey in it. Put the saucepan on the flame and cook sugar and honey on a medium flame. Stir it often and bring it to boil. Now you can reduce the flame.
- Cook till the sugar melts completely. Keep stirring till the sugar melts and gets dissolved in the mixture. Remove the saucepan from the flame and let the wax cool down before you apply it on your skin.
- Now test the temperature of the wax. This is very important so that you do not burn yourself. What you have to do is to take a small quantity of this wax and dab it on the back of your hand. If the heat is correct and does not burn your hand, then you can use it safely on your skin. After you finish waxing, if any wax is remaining, then you can store it in an airtight container. Keep the container in the refrigerator and when you need to apply it on your skin, take it out and heat it, and apply on the area where the hair is to be removed.
Egyptian sugaring recipe:
Things you need:
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Candy thermometer
- Take a small pot and put sugar, lemon juice and water into it. Now cook the ingredients on a low flame. Make sure that the mixture does not bubble over.
- Check the temperature in the pot. For this you have to take a candy thermometer and put it in the pot. Check the temperature on the candy thermometer continuously and when the temperature reaches 250 degrees, you can remove the pot from the flame.
- Check the temperature of the wax. It is import that to check the temperature of the wax, so that it does not burn your skin. To check this, you can dab a little of the wax on the back of your hand. If the temperature is just enough and does not burn your hand, then you can apply the wax on your skin. After waxing, you can put the leftover wax in an airtight container and out it in the refrigerator. You can use it when required by heating it.
Quick Waxing Care Tips to Follow:
- Make sure that the wax does not get overheated in the saucepan.
- Prepare the required quantity of wax in advance and store it, so that you can use it when required.