It is a good thing to pamper yourself sometimes with a visit to the beauty salon. Waxing helps in providing soft and silky skin that you will be proud of. By waxing the under arms, hands and legs you will be able to get rid of the excess hair in these areas and wear sleeveless tops and short skirts and trousers. If you do not want to visit the salon for the waxing session, then you can make hair removal wax at home and wax your body.
Homemade Wax Recipes:
Ingredients list for making hair removal wax are:
- 1 cup (250 ml) of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of honey
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of water
How to make wax at home?
- Take a heavy and medium sized sauce pan for making wax. Add sugar to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. You need not stir it. Just swirl the pan now and then. Continue heating till the sugar caramelizes. This will have a delicious smell.
- Now add honey and lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon. You should be very careful at this stage. The sugar can be very foamy and hot. Heat the saucepan till the mixture has melted and gets the consistency of pancake batter. If the mixture gets too thick, you can add 1 teaspoon of water at a time till it reaches the right consistency.
- Now let the wax cool for a while and then you can use it once the temperature is correct. If you want to use it later, let it cool and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Now you can apply the wax on the area where you want to remove unwanted hair.
This wax is good for removing hair from your legs and hands. You should not use the same hair removal wax for facial hair removal. Your facial hair is very delicate sensitive. So, special care and attention is needed during waxing of facial hair. You can try homemade sugar wax recipes for this purpose. This is cheap and also safer.
Recipe 1: Sugar and honey wax
- Brown sugar or regular white sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Raw honey – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- one bowl that s safe to use in the microwave
- A spatula
- Few thin strips of cloth
- Pour brown sugar, honey and water into the bowl and place it in the microwave oven.
- Cook the mixture for some time. To get the right consistency you will have to cook the mixture for about 30 to 35 seconds in the microwave, till bubbles start appearing and it attains a brown colour.
- Now you can take out the bowl from the microwave oven and cool it. If it has the right consistency, you can use it as it is. If the consistency is not correct, then you can add the ingredients according to the thickness of the wax and then cook for a few seconds more.
- Now it is ready for application. Take some of this wax on a spatula and apply it on the area of your face where you want to remove hair.
- Next you have to take a cloth strip and place it over the area where you have applied wax. After placing it, press it firmly with your fingers and smooth it in the direction of your facial hair growth.
- Now pull the cloth swiftly in the direction opposite to the facial hair growth. Try to apply a sharp motion as much as possible. It should also be firm enough. You should not stop or pause in the middle.
- This way you can remove all hair that is on your face.
Recipe 2: Sugar and Lemon juice wax
- Brown or white sugar – 1 cup
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- water – 2 tablespoons
- A medium sized bowl
- A spoon
- A spatula cotton strips
- Pour the sugar, lemon juice and water in to the bowl and keep it on a medium heat. Stir the mixture with a spoon.
- Heat it for 6 to 10 minutes. Let the mixture become thick and attain the consistency of honey.
- Once the right consistency is reached, remove the bowl from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Apply the wax on your facial hair with the help of a spatula once the right temperature is reached. You have to start with a small session at a time.
- Place a small piece of cotton cloth over the wax you have applied and press it with your fingers. Now pull it out rapidly in the direction opposite to the growth of your facial hair.
- You can repeat the last step till all hair from your face is removed.
Recipe 3: Sugar and lemon juice wax
- Brown sugar or regular sugar – 1 cup
- Raw honey – 2 tablespoons
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- One bowl that is microwave safe
- A spatula
- Some cloth strips
- Pour all the ingredients i to the bowl and heat it in the microwave oven for 2 to 3 minutes, till you get the right consistency.
- Take the bowl out from the microwave and cool it for a while.
- When it is still warm, apply it on small section of facial hair with a spatula.
- Now place a cloth strip over the wax applied and press it firmly and smooth it out with your fingers. Pull it out quickly in the direction opposite to the hair growth.
- You can continue this process till you manage to get rid of all the unwanted hair on your face.