The best way to remove unwanted hairs from your body is to wax. Waxing can be done in the salon or at home on your own. You may also get the help of your friend when you do it at home. There are different easy ways to prepare the wax to remove hairs. You can also buy wax kits from the market. Sugar wax is one of the best waxes suitable for removing hairs. You can prepare sugar wax by adding no lemon juice to it. Here is how you can do so.
How to make sugar wax without lemon:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/5 cup water
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
How to prepare and apply:
- Take white sugar, water and vinegar in a non-stick pan and place the pan on the stove.
- Heat it on medium flame and stir the mixture with a wooden stick. Stir well till the mixture combine to form a thick mixture.
- Put some water on the kitchen granite or table top with a spray bottle so that a thin layer of water is there on the table top.
- Now boil the mixture so that bubbles come out, and keep a close eye on the mixture. It will take about 5 minutes. Stir well till the mixture is thick. Make sure that the mixture does not burn.
- Once the mixture has turned golden brown in colour, pour it immediately on the top of the water you have squirted on the kitchen counter. Start pushing the edges of the syrup inwards, using a spoon. Do this till a ball is formed. You should do this fast as the wax can get hard rapidly.
- Once the ball is formed, you have to wet your hands and pick it up gently. But you should make sure that it is not hot that it can burn your skin. Pull and stretch the sugar wax ball, while you wet your hands for getting more grip.
- Do this till the wax ball is soft and pliable. Now pull a small piece from the big sugar wax ball and for applying on the skin and wrap the big sugar wax ball in cling film. You can store this in the refrigerator for two months.
To apply the sugar wax on the area where you want to remove hair, all you have to do is to stretch the wax flat on about 2 inches of your skin. Apply it away from the direction of hair growth. Leave it on the skin for about 3 seconds and then pull of the wax strip in the direction of hair growth.
Sugar wax recipe without adding lemon juice:
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of water
How to prepare and apply:
- Take all the ingredients in a microwavable container and combine them well. You can use Pyrex measuring cup for measuring the ingredients.
- You may also use a stove instead of microwave, but in that case you will want a very tiny pan.
- Cook the mixture in the microwave till you can see bubbles coming from it. It also turns brown in colour. You have to be very careful when you heat the ingredients. Make sure that you cook the mixture long enough. Otherwise the sugar wax will remain soft and sticky. But do not cook it too long. This can make the wax turn into a hard candy. Initially you may not get the right consistency, but with practice you will know well how to prepare it in the right way. Cooking for about 30 seconds is usually enough.
- Let the mixture cool. This is very important because you will not know how long you have cooked it until it has cooled down. If the wax you have prepared is too thick, then you will have to add some water to it and dilute it.
You can wax your body parts with this wax. This is made with natural ingredients and does not harm your skin any way. To wax your eyebrows, all you have to do is:
- Make sure that the temperature of the wax is optimum for applying on your eyebrow. To test it, take a little of the wax and apply it over your wrist. If it is warm and not hot, then you can apply it on your brow.
- Apply the wax with a small spatula on the part of your brow where you want to remove hairs.
- Once you have applied the wax, put a cloth strip over it and press it with your fingers. Smooth it in the direction of hair growth.
- Wait for a few seconds and then pull off the strip in the direction opposite to the direction of hair growth. This will remove all the unwanted hairs from your brow. If any hairs are remaining that you want to remove, you can pluck them out one by one using tweezers.
Why some people prefer sugar wax without lemon:
- People with sensitive skin may have reactions when lemon is applied on the skin.
- People using lemon face mask will know that it can sting and turn your skin red. You can prevent it by adding honey or yogurt to it.
- If you are in a hurry and do not have lemon at home, then you can use the sugar wax recipe without lemon added.