Waxing helps in removing the unwanted hair form your body and face easily and effectively. After waxing, your skin is hair free, smooth and silky. Here cold or hot wax is used for the hair removal. Waxing is also good for removing tan and makes you look beautiful. When the skin is completely removed from your skin, it looks fairer than before. It is more effective and long lasting than using hair removal creams. This is because your hair grows back after 3 to four days of using these creams. Usually we go to the parlour and salon for waxing. But you can also do it at home. You get ready made wax in the market. You can also prepare it at home yourself.
How to Make Hair Removal Wax at Home?
If you are thinking of doing waxing at home, it is better to prepare hair removal wax on your own. It does not require much skill. The ingredients needed are also limited. All that you need is:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 to6 spoons of water
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- 1 pan to boil the ingredients
- Pour all the ingredients into the pan and let them boil.
- Soon it will start melting.
- Keep stirring the mixture so that no lumps are formed
- If the consistency is not correct, you can add some water.
- When it reaches the right consistency, you can out off the flame and take the pan from the gas.
- Ideally you can boil till 4-5 shimmers.
- Pour it in a tin container once it is ready.
- Put it in the refrigerator and use it whenever you need it.
This will look like honey and even the consistency is like that of honey.
How to do Body Waxing?
- First if all you have to wash the area you want to wax and then pat dry the area.
- Make sure that there is no oil or cream on your skin. This can make hair break from between.
- Now you have to heat the wax. Remember not to overheat it as it can make your skin burn. Heat it to the required temperature and consistency.
- As you heat the wax, apply talcum powder on your skin. This helps in absorbing all the artificial oil and cream that may be left on your skin, as this can cause problem when you pull out the strip from your body.
- Now take a blunt knife apply the warm wax on your body in a thin layer.
- When you apply it, make sure that you apply it on the direction of hair growth.
- Once you have finished applying the wax, put a cotton cloth or waxing strips on it, and press it and rub it properly for the tight gripping. You can use waxing strips only once, while you can use the cloth again after washing it.
- Now pull the strip in the opposite direction to the hair growth.
- This way you can wax your whole body. If you want to wax your facial hair, you can do so, but you should e very careful about your eyebrows.
- You should pull it very quickly. Being slow can hurt you and make the process painful. It can also rupture the hair follicles. Remember not to hesitate while pulling. This can have adverse effects. On the other hand, when you pull the strip quickly, you will experience less pain.
- Immediately after waxing your skin, you can apply ice cubes to reduce any irritation, burning or pain that you may feel.
- One thing to remember is not to use the above homemade wax for face or bikini line. You will get softer and smother wax in the market for this.
Waxing Instructions for Beginners:
- If you are waxing for the first time, you may have difficulty in doing it. It may not be very easy as it looks. It can take more time and effort. With practice you will find it easy to do.
- Make sure that you keep all the things like the towel, cold water and cotton nearby, ready for use. This way you can use them in case of spills and little burns.
- Remember to tie you hair up when you wax. This helps in preventing wax from sticking on to your hair.
- When you wax, see that the temperature of the room is cool. This will help in enhancing the waxing speed. This is not an important point. But it can help you a lot.
- After you have waxed your skin, make sure that you wash the waxed area with water. If it is not possible, then you should at least clean the area with a damp cloth. This way you can get rid of the excess wax from your body.
- After cleaning your skin, make sure that you moisturise your skin. This helps in keeping your skin well nourished. It is also good for nourishing the freshly opened pores.
- After you have waxed your skin, you should not bath or wash with warm water. You can use cold water instead.
- After waxing, it is better that you do not go out much. This can make your skin get tanned. If you plan to go out, it is important that you apply a good quality sunscreen on your skin. This can prevent your skin from getting tanned.