Once you have waxed your arms, you will do it regularly. This is because waxing can make your arms very smooth and silky and that too for a longer period of time. Waxing is not a hard task as it may seem to be. You can even do it at home. Although it may be a little difficult when you try it for the first time, with practice you will get better and better.
Step by Step Guide for Arm Hair Removal at Home:
- Place the Veet refill into the Veet easy-wax roll on kit, turn it on and heat it up for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Make sure that your arm area is clean. You can cleanse it with soap and water and then pat dry your skin. Now put on a little baby powder on your arm. This helps in absorbing any excess moisture and oil on your skin.
- If your arm hair is long, you have to trim your hairs, so that it is of 5 mm length.
- Now take the wax strips and cut them into twos and threes. This way it becomes easier to put on your arm.
- Check that the roll on kit is ready. If you can apply it on the strip smoothly and easily, then it means that it is ready for use.
- Roll a small section of wax on your arm. Make sure that you apply it in the direction of your hair growth.
- Now put on a wax strip over the waxed area and smooth it in the same direction. Remember to leave 1 cm at the end, so that you can grab it and pull.
- If you have somebody with you to help you, they can hold your skin taunt for you. This helps in better removal of wax strip and reduces the pain felt.
- If you are alone, bend your wrist, so that your hand is pointing downwards.
- Now pull the wax strip in the direction opposite to the hair growth. You should hold it close to your skin as you do so. Make sure not to pull it upwards.
- You can repeat it in sections along your arm, towards the elbow. You have to keep the easy wax roll-on device plugged in, so that the wax is kept warm as you do the waxing.
- Once you have completed waxing your arms, you can use a Veet finishing wipe to remove the sticky residue on your arm.
- Now you will see how smooth, silky and hairless your arm is.
Tips to Make Underarm Waxing Easier:
- If you have very taught arms, you can do arm waxing yourself. But if the skin on your arms is loose, then you should take the help of your friend. This is because you need to keep your skin taught as possible when you wax. Otherwise the skin will bruise. The inner sides of arms are more susceptible to this.
- You have to apply hot wax thickly on the hair on your arms. You should have no transparency with hot wax.
- When you apply strip wax o your arm, try to apply as thin strips as possible. You can place the fabric on top of the wax and press it firmly with the palm of your hand in the direction of the hair growth. Make sure that it sticks to the wax you have applied.
- As you apply the wax on your arm hair, take care to apply it in the direction of hair growth. For this you have to look at the hair where it is embedded in the skin and then follow the hair to its tip. Follow this direction when you apply the wax.
- When you pull out the wax, remember to pull it in the direction opposite to the hair growth. This means that you start at the hairs tip and work back towards the root of hair.
- One thing to remember is to always pull the wax off quickly, in a rapid motion. Pull it parallel to your arm as possible. You should never pull it back towards the ceiling. This is because pulling it upwards can cause hair to break and even encourage the formation of ingrown hairs.
- After waxing, your skin may be pink and even dotty for up to 24 hours.
How to Apply and Wax Arms Yourself?
To apply wax on your arms, you have to divide your arm into three sections.
- First section is from the shoulder to elbow
- The second section is from the elbow to wrist
- Third section consists of hands and the fingers
- Apply the wax in a thin strip from the top and centre of your shoulder half way down towards your elbow. Let the width be 2 inches.
- If you are using hot wax, you should apply a thicker layer. Let it get hard and then pull the wax out by keeping the skin taught with one hand. You do not need a fabric to press wax here.
- If you are using strip wax, you can do it the same way as you did hard wax.
- Apply more wax in the same way as above but apply the wax to the right, alongside the part of skin you have just waxed. Let it harden and then pull it out in a rapid motion.
- Next apply wax to the left of the first strip wax and follow the same procedure as mentioned earlier.
- Do one or more strips underside the arm in the same way.
- Now you can do the second part, which is from the middle section of the top of your arm to the elbow, in the same way.
- When you reach the elbow, bend it, so that the skin remains taught here. Wax in semi circles at your elbows.
- Do the same way with your third and fourth section of your arms. Section 5 is your hands. Divide the back of your hand into three and apply wax in the middle, which is from the wrist to the knuckles. Remove wax when ready. Do the other sections also.
- Apply wax to each fingers separately and remove wax one at a time.
- Now use a damp cloth to wipe your skin and apply moisturizer.