Most of the women find waxing the best way to remove hairs on body and get smooth and silky skin. They say that the pain involved is worth the results. Waxing makes hair removal much easier and it also lasts longer. As with all processes, there are some pros and cons in waxing as well. So, before you go to the salon for waxing, it is important that you consider the waxing pros and cons and choose the best method for hair removal.
Waxing or Shaving Pros:
- When you shave off your hair, tiny little hairs can be seen growing and your skin become prickly to touch by the next day. But when you do waxing, it does not happen. Your hair takes longer time to grow again. The speed with which hair can appear depends on how hairy you are. If you do not have much hair, you need not go for a Brazilian wax for almost one month. Those who are hairy may have to do it once in two weeks.
- Your hair will not be thick after regular waxing. After a long time, patches of hair may stop growing in completely. This means that even though you have to keep up with a little hair for a few days, it will not be as thick and dark as it was in between shaves.
- Waxing is not too much effort for you. Many women hate to shave hair because it is a boring task. But waxing does not require much effort if it is done in the salon. All you have to do is to lie back and relax, while someone else will do it for you.
- Waxing can help in getting rid of black stubble. When you shave, you will notice black stubbles on your skin, unless you have light blonde hair. It can be quite annoying to some people, while others deal with it without much ado. By waxing, you can prevent black stubbles or make them less noticeable.
- One of the cons of waxing is that it can get deeper than a razor can, in Brazilian waxing, the hair outside of your labia and the inside, as well as the butt, is removed. It is almost impossible to shave the inside of your vagina and the butt crack. But wax can reach places where razor cannot, and remove hair effectively.
- When you wax, you need not experience any razor cuts or painful razor burns that you get when using a razor. Waxing does not cut your skin like shaving, and you will get soft, silky and smooth skin.
Shaving or Waxing Cons:
- One of the negative points of waxing is that you will have to wait for your hair to grow to a certain length before you can remove it. This is because the wax you apply needs some grip on the hair to remove hair effectively. Your hair should be a minimum one quarter of an inch long for at least five days before you wax.
- Waxing may increase the risk of STDs and STIs: This is because when you remove the pubic hair, there is higher risk of suffering from infections. Another reason is that if you go to a place that is not clean and hygienic, STD can spread through the wax. So, make sure that you go to a place that you know is clean.
- Waxing costs more money: While shaving is inexpensive, waxing is costly. For shaving you need a razor and shaving cream, which do not cost much. If you use coconut oil or a conditioner, you need not buy shaving cream either. But for waxing you need to buy a waxing kit, which can cost more money.
- Waxing can cause ingrown hairs. It is true that waxing helps you get rid of stubbles on your skin. But it can cause ingrown hairs. If you are not careful and do not wax properly, it can cause ingrown hairs which can be quite painful and difficult to deal with. Shaving can also cause it, but with waxing, it becomes more frustrating, especially as you are paying more for it. Usually it happens if you have a sensitive skin. If the wax you have applied does not do a great job, then also it can happen. You can apply ingrown hair serum to prevent it, but it means that you have to spend extra money.
- Waxing means you are removing a layer of protection against infection. As is stated earlier, waxing can remove pubic hairs completely. But these hairs are good for offering protection against infection and bacteria. When there is not hair there, it means there is no protection either. As a result, you are more at a risk of contacting STD or STI. It also means that you can suffer from other bacterial infections. If you are going to a waxer and she is not doing a good job of it, tiny bits of skin can be removed. This can make you more susceptible to infections.
- You can get wax burns or scarring if you are not careful while applying hot wax. You may not always go to a good waxer. If she does not do her job well, you may get burns by using hot wax. You can also get scars as a result of applying hot wax on the skin and burning your skin.
Now that you have seen the pros and cons of waxing, you can choose what is suitable for you – Shaving or Waxing.